|Created By:||Bhavin Patel||Last Updated by:||Bhavin Patel|
|Date of Creation:||5th June, 2013||Date of Last Updation:||4th November, 2021|
|API:||Application programming interface, as the term is generally understood in the information technology industry.|
|Grievance Officer:||An officer of IDfy responsible for addressing any discrepancies and grievances of persons who provide information to IDfy, and whose details are provided in section 10 of this policy.|
|IDfy:||Baldor Technologies Private Limited, a company incorporated under the laws of the Republic of India|
|Information:||Various kinds and manner of personal and / or sensitive information about individual or entities, as required for a purpose, which may include:
|Purpose:||Background verification and allied services conducted by IDfy on behalf of its clients and customers, for the purpose of ascertaining a person’s sustainability for employment, verification of antecedents of persons for the purpose of matrimony, education, tenancy, award nomination, and other related and ancillary purposes.|
PLEASE READ THE POLICY CAREFULLY TO FULLY UNDERSTAND THE NATURE AND PURPOSE OF GATHERING INFORMATION, USAGE, DISCLOSURE, SECURITY PROCEDURES AND SHARING OF SUCH INFORMATION.
- IDfy provides a range of background verification and allied services for its clients through various means, which are enumerated below:
- Through its online service situated at the website www.idfy.com;
- Through the collection of various physical documents from individuals directly;
- Through APIs or other technological or software systems or methods that gather or receive data from its clients’ servers in a manner authorized by and agreed with, its clients;
- Through physical verification of addresses and other locations; and
- Through communication and correspondence with educational institutes and universities, and various corporate bodies.
- IDfy provides these services for its clients and customers in relation to the Purpose, and undertakes such activities based on the request of interested employers, educational institutions, landlords, award nominating committees or individuals (i.e., prospective candidates) themselves.
- The entity or individual on whose direction or request you have been asked to visit this website, or provide Information to IDfy in any other manner, may have sought your authorisation to share your Information with IDfy; alternatively, IDfy may seek your authorisation and consent to obtain and use your Information, and shall specify the type of Purpose for which it seeks such Information from you. If you (i) have not received or accepted such an authorisation from IDfy or any other entity or individual at whose behest or direction you are asked to provide any Information to IDfy, or (ii) do not consent to the use of your Information by IDfy, or (iii) do not consent to the sharing of such Information with third parties in the manner described in Section 4 of this Policy, please:
- Do not share any Information with IDfy or its agents through any means;
- Do not proceed any further on this website, or provide any further Information on or through this website;
- Close the tab or window in your browser where this website is displayed; and
- Contact the entity or individual on whose direction you visited this website, or on whose direction you were contacted by IDfy.
- Your proceeding with the use of this website, and/ or your providing any Information to IDfy on or through the use of this website or through any other means, is based upon the assumption that you have indeed executed and provided to such entity or individual, or to IDfy, such an authorization, and the subsequent provisions of this Policy are based upon such an assumption.
- IDfy is committed to protecting the privacy and Information provided voluntarily by individuals to enable IDfy to complete the Purpose on behalf of its clients. This Policy sets out the nature/type of Information IDfy collects, the Purpose of such collection and usage, disclosure of such Information, and IDfy’s security practices and procedures in relation thereto.
- This Policy has been drafted in accordance with the provisions of the I nformation Technology Act, 2000 and the Rules thereunder, including the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 .
Use and Acceptance
Nature/Type of Information Gathered, Purpose, and Duration of Storage
- IDfy gathers/obtains Information about you, for the Purpose, if you choose to provide the same voluntarily by reading, understanding and consenting to the terms of the aforementioned authorization. IDfy only collects Information that is necessary to provide the services requested by its clients, which constitute the Purpose. If any other additional Information is required other than as stated in the authorisation, then you will be informed of the same, and you should not provide such additional Information to IDfy unless you have explicitly consented to the same; neither will IDfy obtain or gather such Information from any other sources in the absence of such authorization, such as through access to its clients’ servers or databases.
- Specifically, you may be requested to provide certain Information in the event (i) you decide to proceed with the use of this website, or (ii) if you choose to share any Information with IDfy through any other means, in relation to the type of Purpose described to you in relation to such Information; furthermore, IDfy may obtain such Information about you from its clients (i) through its website, or (ii) through the collection of physical or scanned documents through any other means, or (iii) through the use of APIs or other means that permit the transfer of Information from its clients’ databases or servers to IDfy, in relation to the type of Purpose described in relation to such Information, in the event that such client has provided IDfy a copy of a consent or authorisation from you to collect such Information.
- IDfy does not collect any Information, without due notification to you and without your consent. The verification of your Information may be done by IDfy directly or through one or more of its associates. By consenting to provide any Information to IDfy in relation to the Purpose, you are also consenting to the sharing of your Information with third parties for the Purpose, as described below.
- IDfy may also disclose Information in connection with (i) the sale, assignment, or other transfer of its business, (ii) in order to respond to requests of government or law enforcement agencies, or (iii) where this is required by applicable laws, court orders, or government regulations, with prior intimation to you, to the extent that such intimation is legally permissible. IDfy does not sell Information to any third parties. Also, IDfy will not transfer the Information you provide to any third parties for their own direct marketing use. For more details and Information in relation to how IDfy may share Information about you with third parties or governmental and law enforcement agencies, please see Section 4 of this Policy.
- Duration of storage : IDfy stores Information for such duration as may be required to fulfil the Purpose. Such duration may vary by the type of Purpose contemplated in relation to such Information. By providing any Information to IDfy, you agree to IDfy’s storing such Information for the duration necessary to fulfil such Purpose. Note also that IDfy shall store Information beyond the duration required for the Purpose in the event it is mandated or obliged to do to under any applicable law.
- Please use your discretion when providing any Information to IDfy, and under any circumstances, do not provide Information to IDfy, unless you thereby consent to IDfy’s use of that Information for its legitimate business purposes and consent to the transfer and storage of such Information to and in IDfy’s databases. If you have any questions about whether the provision of Information to IDfy is, or may be, necessary or appropriate for particular purposes, please contact IDfy’s Grievance Officer at the coordinates provided in Section 10 of this Policy.
Disclosure/Sharing of Information
- To enable IDfy to provide services in relation to the Purpose, the Information provided by you may be shared by IDfy either with its own employees, officers, agents, and directors other corporate entities and affiliates, or unaffiliated third party service providers (both in India and outside India) working on IDfy’s behalf to provide the service in relation to the Purpose, and all other agencies from which relevant data or responses are to be obtained for the Purpose (both in India and outside India), on a ‘need-to-know’ basis, for the purpose of verifying the authenticity of the Information/ for the purpose of undertaking the verification and submitting a report, which may used for the Purpose.
- Exceptions to Consent Limitations and this Policy, and Disclosure of Information : IDfy may disclose Information if required to do so by law or upon the advice of its professional advisors, such as legal counsel, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to:
- court orders, or other legal process, or third party rights owners; or
- law enforcement offices, and / or Government agencies mandated under the law to obtain such Information;
Provided that IDfy shall provide prior intimation of such disclosure to you, to such extent as may be permissible under applicable law.
- As a user of this website, you understand and agree that you assume all responsibility and risk for your use of the website, the internet generally, and the documents you post or access and for your conduct on and off the website.
- In case of an amalgamation, merger, acquisition or business transfer, IDfy will transfer all your Information to the acquirer.
Security Practices and Procedure
- To ensure that the Information you provide is complete, accurate and up-to-date, IDfy allows you to change or correct your Information at any time. For any change/correction of Information you can make a request by contacting IDfy’s Grievance Officer at the coordinates set out in Section 10 of this Policy, and IDfy shall make all reasonable and practical efforts to comply with your request, so long as it is consistent with applicable law and professional standards.
- You may also request that all Information provided by you be deleted. You may do so by sending such a request to IDfy’s Grievance Officer at the coordinates set out in Section 10 of this Policy, in which event we will remove all copies of your Information from our records.
Links to Other Sites
Changes to this Policy
- IDfy may change this Policy from time to time in its discretion. The date of the Policy is indicated at the top of the Policy. You may review the Policy periodically to understand the Privacy protection offered by IDfy for your Information.
- If you have any suggestions or questions you may contact IDfy’s Grievance Officer at the coordinates set out in Section 10 of this Policy.
- Should you have any complaint or grievance about the manner in which IDfy receives or processes your Information, you may write to our Grievance Officer, whose details are provided below. IDfy is committed to resolving any such grievances in an expeditious and effective manner.
- Details of IDfy’s Grievance Officer:
Name: Snigdha Majumder
Office Address: 4-F,Rushabh Chambers, Plot No.609,Off Makwana Road, Marol Naka,Andheri(East) Mumbai 200059 – India
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone Number: 022-49147777